The Advitech Group were contacted by a leading civil construction contractor, to assist with the development of a concept and detailed design for an extension of an existing Production Stockpile Pad (PSP) and drainage and pavement remediation works for the existing stockpile area.
The Advitech engineering team undertook the detailed design of the stockpile extension as well as the detailed design of the remedial measures for the existing stockpile area.
Components of the job completed by Advitech included:
- design of the extension of stockpile including bulk earthworks, safety bunds/windrows, swale drains, subsurface and surface stormwater assets
- 3D modelling of the profile
- liaison and management of sub-consultants
- preparation of construction engineering plans the stockpile
- redesign of existing stockpile and gradient to improve drainage;
- pavement design for a light-medium vehicle access road; and
- preparation of a staging plan for the construction to minimise the impact on ongoing operations.