Exciting role for Senior Ecologist or Environmental Scientist
Join a company who values and rewards their employees
Apply your passion for biodiversity management to help clients
Advitech is a successful engineering and environmental consultancy with a 30 year history. Our customer base is diverse, both in industry sectors and geographic locations, including international clients. We firmly believe our people are the reason for our success and are committed to a culture where everyone is supported, treated fairly and given the opportunity to reach their full potential. We provide professional development opportunities for our staff, along with the guidance needed to work in a safe, collaborative and effective way to deliver the best results for our customers. As the founding company of The Advitech Group, we offer our customers a breadth of specialist capabilities and bespoke solutions not usually available from one company.
Advitech Environmental is seeking a Senior Ecologist to join our Newcastle Head Office. In this full time role, you will work on a range of projects to assist in delivering biodiversity management and conservation outcomes for our clients. The role will include collection, compilation, presentation and evaluation/analysis of ecological data; providing advice on practical biodiversity design solutions and providing advice on flora and fauna management approvals processes. Read our latest case study.
To be our Senior Ecologist, you will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science or science with a major in botany, zoology, biogeography and or ecology
- BAM accredited scientist with 5-10 years of experience in environmental and biodiversity management with exceptional plant ID skills
- Working knowledge of relevant NSW and Australian legislation and guidelines, and of Australian and International standards, in particular a sound understanding of the requirements of the NSW Biodiversity Conservation and Environmental Panning and Assessment Acts
- Experience and understanding of TfNSW standards and guidelines will be highly regarded
- Technical competency with recent experience across a range of sectors and project scales
- Working knowledge of consulting practice plus extensive project management skills
- Experience in the efficient preparation, submission and management of specialist biodiversity assessment reports
- Experience developing proposals and compiling detailed estimates of works
- Ability and willingness to undertake field work as required
- Current driver’s licence, Senior First Aid Certificate and WHS green/white card
Our people are the reason for our success. Recognition and benefits are an important way of showing our appreciation, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional development and study assistance
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to our Social Club activities including company lunches
- Free employee car park
If you are an Australian resident, looking for a company with high staff retention and an enviable culture, please send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, address how you meet the requirements for this role.
We appreciate the time and effort it takes to submit your application. In return, we review each and every applicant and provide feedback within two weeks. We don’t just contact short listed candidates.
This role is also advertised on Seek.
For more information, call Rod Bennison on 02 4924 5400
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org