Commitment to the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) and Privacy Act 1988.
Version: 12 Mar 2014, Revision 4 (Final)
Context: Prepared by The Advitech Group and applicable to Advitech, Novecom, Hushpak Engineering, Acubis Technologies, Simulation Modelling Services.
The Advitech Group is committed to the Australian Privacy Principles and the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988.
3. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 General Information
The Group’s businesses only collect minimal personal information. The information we do collect is limited to customer contact details, and any information provided voluntarily by job applicants. Thisvinformation is collected directly from the individual through received emails, letters, business cards, job applications and online enquiry forms accessed via company websites.
Each company may hold some of the following personal information:
- Company name
- Position within company
- Business address and contact details
- Private address and contact details
- Information provided in curriculum vitae, e.g. employment history, referee contact details
3.2 Website Usage Information
We analyse usage of our company websites for the following purposes:
- To evaluate the effectiveness of our websites
- To determine the level of awareness the public and clients have of our Group
- To understand the experience of visitors to our websites
- To inform future improvements to our website structure and content
- To inform Group marketing campaigns
- Count of visitors to our websites and the specific pages they visit
- Analysis of geographical locations of visitors to our websites
- Tracking of the number of times a visitor has been to a site, and time of their first and last visit
- Timestamps of the exact moment when a visitor enters a site
Cookies do not collect personal information about website visitors. They are not used by us to identify individual visitors or send them targeted advertising.
4. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We only collect and use personal information to adequately provide services requested by customers, promote our services, assess the suitability of job applicants, or analyse website usage. Any information collected will not be used or disclosed for any purpose other than:
- the primary purpose for which the information was collected;
- any secondary related purpose for which you would reasonably expect use or disclosure;
- where the individual has consented to such disclosure; or
- where the Australian Privacy Principles authorise use or disclosure.
If we wish to use personal information for any other purpose, we would seek individual consent.
We will not disclose personal information to overseas recipients or sell personal information to others.
5. STORAGE OF INFORMATION
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we store is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will protect the security of personal information that we hold, including hardcopy and electronic material. All personal information we collect is stored securely at the relevant company’s premises, and electronic information is stored on a secure computer network. The Group restricts access to personal information to those staff members who need to know the information for the purposes set out in Section 4.
6. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will provide individuals with reasonable opportunity to access their personal information, on request. Individuals may subsequently request that their information be updated or deleted. All requests for access to personal information should be directed to our Privacy Officer as per the contact details provided in Section 8 below. We will respond to the request within a reasonable time period.
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or wish to make a complaint about how your personal information is managed, please direct your complaint to the contact shown in Section 8 below. We will endeavour to resolve any complaints to your satisfaction, however if we are unable to do so, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner who may investigate the complaint further.
8. CONTACT DETAILS
Privacy Officer: Sarah King, Group Executive
Address: The Advitech Group
7 Riverside Drive, Mayfield West NSW 2304
PO Box 207, Mayfield NSW 2304
Telephone: 02 4924 5400
Facsimile: 02 4967 3772