This three-day training course presented by Simulation Modelling Services (SMS) is designed to introduce attendees to the concept of discrete event simulation and the Arena simulation modelling software.
Being held in Newcastle NSW throughout June, the objective of the course is to:
- Introduce the concept of discrete event simulation
- Understand why you need to simulate
- Understand what kinds of answers simulation can provide, and
- Give attendees the knowledge and skills required to make a start in simulation
No previous simulation experience is required. This course is designed to be an introduction to simulation, giving participants an understanding of Arena and knowledge of what can be achieved.
The course will cover the following:
- the Arena simulation system
- basic modules used to construct models
- statistics collection and reporting
- randomness and statistical distribution
- debugging tools
- Arena conveyors and transporters
- operating schedules
- materials handling (continuous) and
- Optquest – the optimisation engine that can be used to optimise simulation inputs to achieve a desired output
Examples of models built by SMS will be presented, along with guidelines used by SMS in model development.
Participants will also receive a full training manual and will build a range of models throughout the course.
WHEN: Wednesday 13 June to Friday 15 June
WHERE: Newcastle NSW
For more information on the course call our office on 02 4926 1500 or REGISTER YOUR INTEREST HERE