The Advitech Group has a team of drafters and engineers providing technical excellence in civil engineering design, documentation and on-site verification.
Advitech’s civil engineering team works collaboratively with our clients to actualise successful projects. We combine over 20 years of project experience with our technical expertise and CAD software skills to deliver exceptional results. Our civil engineering services include initial concept design through to detailed design, construction phase assistance and certification.
Our experience – which spans mining, heavy industry, infrastructure and commercial projects – includes surface and piped drainage, erosion and sedimentation control, stormwater modelling, light and heavy vehicle roads, electrical infrastructure areas, mine infrastructure areas, bulk earthworks, pressure piping, electrical service trenches and heavy duty concrete pavements.
Our staff have experience in design of vehicle wash bays, tyre change out facilities, re-fueling and lube facilities, pump stations, transformer and switchroom footings, chemical dosing facilities, train load-out facilities, drive in sumps, oil separators, drainage swales and detention basins.
Advitech’s civil engineers are supported by our team of certified project managers experienced in civil project delivery.
Civil engineering design services for a 5 km long service and pipe trench extending from mine shaft to storage dam:
- Overall site plan of the services pipe corridor
- Locations of associated support facilities such as stockpile area, vehicle parking areas and similar facilities
- Pipe trench backfill and compaction design details
- Erosion and sediment control measures
- Valve compounds and bunding details
Civil design and documentation of works related to electrical infrastructure upgrade at a mine site:
- Design and drawings of trenching, culverts and cable pits
- Drainage design
- Level and bulk earthworks design
- Footings for generators, diesel storage and transformers, including bunding measures
- Design and drawing of bollards, fences and light poles
Civil design of support foundations for a coal reclaimer boom:
- Site investigation and assessment of options of engineered fill foundations
- Civil drawings and documention of foundations
- Technical specification with requirements for the geotechnical investigation
- Coordination with geotechnical engineer, cadastral surveyors and provision of on-site engineering support
Design and documentation of civil works for a water treatment plant:
- Drainage system
- Unsealed pavement
- Hardstand and ring road
- Erosion and sedimentation measures
- Footings/ring beams for water tanks
- Concrete slabs for support of various pumps
- Skids and a demountable office
- Concrete slab and footing system for the main water processing area, including chemical storage areas
- Bunding and internal drainage measures
- Concrete footpath / access way
- Design certification report
- Safety in design assessment
- Participation in a Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP)
Civil design and certification for construction of a chemical dosing unit at a Sewage Pumping Station including design and documentation of:
- New external delivery area including delivery slab and perimeter bund
- Access roadway construction (including both flexible and rigid pavement designs)
- Roadway levels and layout
- Design of new drainage pits and connecting pipework including cable and dosing pits