Advitech’s structural, mechanical, civil, functional safety and process engineers regularly perform on-site inspections for all-manner of critical assets.
With over 30 years engineering experience throughout Australia and internationally, we have built up extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements, Australian Standards and codes of practice relevant to your plant, and we are not afraid to travel.
It’s all part of working closely with you to deliver a better experience, and the best results.
Whether you need to achieve a regulatory compliance, ‘sweat’ an ageing asset, increase throughput, or just want piece-of-mind, our engineers have the expertise to assist you with your decision.
As an outcome of any inspection, Advitech has the resources and tools to provide thorough analytical support, and our experienced drafters can design modifications or solutions to reinstate or improve structures and plant, in the most cost-effective way.
Additionally Advitech is experienced in developing risk-based asset management plans and can help develop a strategy applicable to your operation.
Advitech’s engineers can provide independent, third-party certification of new or existing designs for compliance against Australian and International standards, industry codes of practice, Mine Design Guidance (MDG) or other specific requirements (e.g. Defence).
Our experienced engineers are Chartered Professional Engineers (CPEng), Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland (RPEQ), and registered on the National Professional Engineers Register (NPER).
Advitech undertakes comprehensive machinery safety and equipment guarding reviews with respect to AS 4024, with consideration for mechanical and functional safety requirements.
Advitech’s engineers and drafters can also design the solutions to achieve compliance, helping you meet your legal obligations under Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) legislation.
- Mine winding system audits to Mine Design Guidance requirements (mechanical, electrical and structural) (MDG33, MDG2005, MDG15 etc.) for many NSW mines.
- Mechanical and functional safety reviews of European-designed theatre hoists against Australian Code requirements (AS1418) for iconic Sydney opera theatre.
- Structural inspections and certification for a major Newcastle theatre upgrade, including flytower, galleries and building structures.
- Assessment of passenger lift against compliance to AS1735 and related codes.
- Design assessment and verification of various drift conveyance braking systems to AS3785.8 and MDG33 requirements for NSW coal mines.
- Machinery Safety Audits to AS4024 for multiple clients.
- Design verification of HiRail vehicles against RailCorp standards (AS7501, AS7502 etc.) for NSW equipment manufacturer.
- Access, walkway and ladder audits against AS1657 requirements for major Newcastle coal export terminal.
Advitech was engaged by a staging equipment supplier to provide independent third party engineering design verification for their specialised hoisting and lifting equipment, as part of a major upgrade at a prominent opera and theatre venue. Read more…