Helping to ensure your plant and equipment is compliant and safe.
Whether you need to achieve regulatory compliance, ‘sweat’ an ageing asset, increase throughput, or just want piece-of-mind, our engineers have the expertise to assist you with your decision.
Advitech’s accredited mechanical, structural, and functional safety engineers have extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements – from Australian and international standards and codes of practices to industry-specific regulations such as Mine Design Guidance (MDGs) and Technical Resource Guides (TRGs).
With Advitech, you can rest assured that your plant and equipment is compliant and safe.
- Design Verification Services
- Safety Audits
Advitech provides independent design verification of third-party designs and high-risk ‘registerable’ plant to enable design registration with applicable WHS and regulatory bodies. The verification process includes independent analytical reviews and the delivery of a peer-reviewed statement of compliance for the machinery, equipment or plant, signed off by our chartered engineers who are recognised ‘competent persons’.
- Mine winding system and component design verification
- Ventilation fans (MDG3)
- Functional Safety Assessment (AS 61508, AS 62061, AS61511)
- Bespoke theatrical hoisting equipment (AS1418, BGVs)
- Personnel lifting equipment
- Cranes, lifting devices, elevated work platforms (AS 4991, AS 1418)
- Pressure vessels, tanks, pressure piping (AS 1210, API650, AS 4041)
- Industrial vehicles including forklifts (AS 2359)
- Drift conveyance braking systems (AS 3785)
- Passenger lifts (AS 1735, EN81)
- Hi-rail vehicles (RailCorp standards AS 7501, AS 7502, etc.)
Advitech conducts onsite compliance audits of plant, equipment and procedures against relevant standards and legislation including Australian Standards, state-based requirements, international standards, Mine Design Guidelines (MDG), Technical Reference Guides (TRG), defence-related standards and more.
- Mine winding system (powered winding system) audits
- Performance venue (theatre) structural audits
- Functional Safety Assessments on pressure vessels, tanks, pressure piping
- Ship loaders and unloaders
- Cranes and lifting devices
- Machinery safety and guarding audits (AS 4024)
- Access, walkway, and ladder audits (AS 4100, AS 1657)
Want to know more?
Contact Advitech today about your Engineering Compliance Needs
- Mine winding system audits to Mine Design Guidance requirements (mechanical, electrical and structural) (MDG33, MDG2005, MDG15 etc.) for many NSW mines.
- Mechanical and functional safety reviews of European-designed theatre hoists against Australian Code requirements (AS1418) for iconic Sydney opera theatre.
- Structural inspections and certification for a major Newcastle theatre upgrade, including flytower, galleries and building structures.
- Design assessment and verification of various drift conveyance braking systems to AS3785.8 and MDG33 requirements for NSW coal mines.
- Access, walkway and ladder audits against AS1657 requirements for major Newcastle coal export terminal.
Advitech was engaged by a staging equipment supplier to provide independent third party engineering design verification for their specialised hoisting and lifting equipment, as part of a major upgrade at a prominent opera and theatre venue. Read more…