Achieve compliance, increase production and develop ground-breaking solutions.
Advitech’s mechanical engineering team brings real-world experience from a wide range of industries to deliver excellence in mechanical analysis, physical simulations, mechanical design, system auditing and certification. Advitech can support all your mechanical engineering needs, for projects large or small, drawing on our advanced capabilities in linear and non-linear Finite Element Analysis (FEA), vibration analysis, hydraulics, shock analysis, fatigue analysis, buckling, moving load simulation and heat transfer.
Advitech’s professional mechanical engineers hold Australian CPEng and RPEQ accreditation and are held in high esteem by both clients and regulators alike. Our drafting team supports our mechanical engineering services with 3D modelling and the development of detail-drawings to the highest standards.
- Hoisting and lifting system expertise
- Machine design and drafting
- Rotating machinery analysis
- Tanks, piping and pressure vessels
- Engineering compliance (Learn more …)
- Forensic engineering and expert witness services
- Engineering and commercialisation assistance to research institutions
Hoisting and Lifting System Experience:
- Audits and design certification of numerous powered winding systems (mine winders) for personnel and materials haulage.
- Principal verifier for multiple European hoisting system designs which comprised a major part of a $70 m upgrade for Australia’s premier theatre performance venue.
- Review and certification of an innovative passenger lift installation procedure for an elevator manufacturer.
- Design and detailing of personnel rescue davit and hoisting system for a gas storage facility.
Machine Design and Drafting Experience:
- Design and full detailing to AS 1100 of a ground-breaking plastics recycling machine, as a development from a previous prototype.
- Design of production in-floor conveyor system for a Sydney manufacturer of concrete pipe and pole products.
- Design, detailing and certification of various fork-lift attachments.
Rotating Machinery Experience:
- Fatigue failure investigation and analysis of several designs of large rotating dryer drums for use in continuous-manufacturing operations.
- Determination of maximum operating capacity of coal conveyors, considering all structural and mechanical limiting factors.
- Conveyor idler analysis and design calculations for a major idler supplier.
Tanks, Pipes and Pressure Vessels Experience:
Our in-house mechanical and process engineers can take a conceptual design and produce detailed drawings for all fabricated equipment (pressure vessels, tanks, and pressure piping) to relevant Australian and international standards. Our piping analysis involves the use of finite element analysis to ensure the most adverse combination of loading is considered. For operating plants, we can also assist with designing modifications or repairs to API653 tank inspection, repair, alteration and reconstruction, and other relevant standards.
- Design, drafting and site engineering assistance with the installation of a multi-million-dollar mild steel cement lined (MSCL) pipe replacement.
- Assessment of tank emergency venting equipment suitability to AS 1940 Appendix H.
- Assessment of head-loss implications of redirecting piping and suitability of existing pumping infrastructure for major bulk materials handling port terminal.
- Remaining Life Assessment of 50-year-old underground pipelines to the requirements of AS 2885.3.
Engineering Compliance Experience:
- Mine winding systems (TRGs, MDGs, AS etc)
- Ventilation fans (MDG 3)
- Theatre hoists (powered flying, point hoists, zero-fleet etc.)
- Machinery safety and guarding audits (AS 4024)
- Conveyor systems
Forensic Engineering and Expert Witness Experience:
- Reliability investigation and retrospective design analysis of large bespoke goods lift to determine causes for continual seizing and premature failure of key components.
- Drier drum premature failure investigation for purposes of international litigation.
- Reliability investigation into a problematic scrap metal baling machine as part of ongoing legal proceedings.
- Conveyor shaft failure causal investigation for a Hunter Valley Coal Mine.
Engineering Commercialisation Assistance to Research Institutions Experience:
- Process engineering support, mechanical design and 3D drafting support to a university team developing a revolutionary new fuel cell energy generation concept.
- Mechanical engineering, project management and drafting support for a pilot plant pioneering a new product recovery process for the minerals processing field.