The Advitech Group’s mechanical engineering team specialises in design reviews and independent third-party assessments as well as providing mechanical design services.
Advitech’s mechanical engineering team brings real-world, practical experience gained from a wide range of industries and market sectors, coupled with the analytical skills and tools to take on small and large projects alike. We can draw upon the personnel whose talent and experience is the most relevant to your requirements.
Our capabilities include linear and non-linear finite element analysis (FEA), buckling and moving load simulation, machine design and analysis, hydraulics, shock, durability, fatigue, fracture mechanics and heat transfer.
Advitech has professional mechanical engineers with Australian CPEng and RPEQ accreditation who are held in high esteem by both clients and regulators alike.
One of our specialties is the review of complex hoisting system designs and certification including: mine winding systems (MDGs), AS1418 plant design audits and registration applications, passenger lifts, elevators, EWPs, materials handling systems, theatrical hoists and orchestra lifts.
Advitech’s mechanical and structural engineers are also experienced in undertaking equipment failure diagnosis and accident investigations.
- Five-yearly mechanical safety audits and design registration applications for men and materials winders – drift and vertical (MDG 33 audit).
- Review of multiple overseas hoist designs against the requirements of AS1418 series as part of a $70m upgrade for a premier Australian performance venue.
- Determination of maximum operating capacity of a coal conveyor, considering all structural and mechanical limiting factors.
- Analysis and review of a high-wall cable gantry system for an open-cut mine.
- Finite element analysis (FEA) on a roof-bolter cradle attachment for an original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
- AS 4024 machinery safety and guarding audit for a large Central Western NSW cement plant including electrical interlock considerations and safety logic. Tasks included design of rectification works and supervision of installation.
- Conveyor idler analysis and design calculations for a major idler supplier.
- Fatigue failure investigation and analysis on a rotating dryer drum in Indonesia.
- Mechanical inspections of winches on ship loaders for a major port facility against AS1418 requirements.
- Design, detailing and certification of double-insulated elevated work platform.
- Design of a pneumatic tapper prill-cleaning system for an ammonium nitrate manufacturer.