The Advitech Group’s mechanical engineering team specialises in design reviews and independent third-party assessments as well as providing mechanical design services.
Our specialist design assessments and verifications can, if necessary, consider structural stress and deflection (static and dynamic), linear and non-linear analysis, buckling, and moving-load simulation. STEM&M provides an environment for innovation and our mechanical design services are delivered to the highest standards.
We have expertise in vibration and shock, durability, fatigue and fracture mechanics, and heat transfer. Our team currently caters for theatre and performance venues as we have specialists in hoisting, lifts, elevators and vertical transport. In helping customers resolve mechanical engineering issues, The Advitech Group’s reliance on innovation doesn’t just lead to a solution, but the best solution.
The Advitech Group’s expertise has been used for:
- structural redesign, including repair methodology, for a major outbound coal conveyor in the Port of Newcastle
- design and development of pneumatically activated ammonium nitrate prill tapping system
- 5 yearly mechanical safety audits and design registration applications for men and materials winders – drift and vertical (MDG 33 audit)
- Mechanical design registration and design certification of mine winders to MDG 33
- the review of multiple hoist designs against the requirements of AS1418 series
- the determination of maximum operating capacity of a coal conveyor, considering all structural and mechanical limiting factors
- analysis and review of a high-wall cable gantry for an open-cut mine.
We have also:
- carried out finite element analysis (FEA) on a roof-bolter cradle attachment for an original equipment manufacturer (OEM)
- conducted conveyor idler analysis and design calculations for a major idler supplier
- performed fatigue failure investigation and analysis on a rotating dryer drum in Indonesia
- performed mechanical inspections of winches on ship loaders for a major port facility against AS1418 requirements
- successfully carried out the design, detailing and certification of double-insulated elevated work platform
- designed a pneumatic tapper prill-cleaning system for an ammonium nitrate manufacturer.
The Advitech Group offers Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) and Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) sign-offs in mechanical, civil and structural engineering plus functional safety.