Providing technical excellence in structural and civil engineering design, analysis and certification.
Advitech’s structural and civil engineering team provides consultation, design and documentation services from concept, design and delivery through to operations, expansions and end-of-life decommissioning. From large to small projects, our team of engineers are experienced across a wide range of sectors including defence, industrial, mining, energy, government, education and transport.
Our multidisciplinary team of engineers, design drafters and project managers work with you to understand your project’s specific needs and engage contractors and consultants to reach a collaborative solution. Our focus on building relationships and a mutual understanding of the end-goal helps reduce the time and cost of delivery.
- Structural Design and Analysis
- Design Certification
- Structural Inspections (see Asset Integrity and Reliability…)
- Assessment and Deconstruction of Existing Structures
- Civil Design and Analysis
- Independent Assurance and Advisory Services
- Construction Support and Assistance
- Forensic Engineering and Expert Witness Services
- Bulk Earthworks and Foundation Design
- Stormwater and Drainage Design
- Road and Pavement Design
Analysis and Certification
- Structural analysis and certification of a powered drift winder
- FEA of flight deck hatch covers on naval LPA ships
- SpaceGASS structural analysis of docking platforms for maintenance of P3 Orion aircraft
- FEA and frame analysis of coal stacker to assess integrity for an extended life
- Structural inspection, analysis and certification of a 200m tripper gantry
- Finite element analysis of transport and lifting frames
Design and Drafting
- Structural design of buildings, foundations, associated tanks and accesses for an explosives manufacturing plant
- Structural design, engineering and detail drafting for a 60m tall, 6m diameter self-supporting stainless steel prilling tower with lift, spiral staircase, platforms, ducting and penthouse
- Structural design and detail drafting of modifications to an existing coal preparation plant building to suit the addition of two enlarged raw coal screens
- Structural design and drafting of new tanks, pipe supports and modifications and strengthening of an existing pipe bridge
- Principal civil and structural designers for construction of new anode bake furnace and associated building modifications
- Civil engineering design services for a 5 km long service and pipe trench extending from mine shaft to storage dam including overall site plan of the services pipe corridor and associated support facilities, backfill and compaction design, erosion and sediment control measures, valve compounds and bunding details.
- Civil design and documentation for a mine electrical infrastructure upgrade including design and drawings of trenching, culverts, cable pits, drainage, bulk earthworks, footings, bunding measures, bollards, fences and light poles.
Structural Condition Assessment
- Structural audits of steel mills and port facilities, including recording the structural condition of each asset (using photographs and written descriptions), rating structural condition using a risk based approach and recommending corrective actions
- Building inspections and evaluations
- Reheat furnace refractory audit
- Vacuum ship unloader gantry structural audits
- Private rail and road bridge assessments
Want to know more?
Contact Advitech today about your Structural and Civil Engineering Needs
Advitech’s structural engineers applied their highly specialised skills in structural dynamics and vibration modelling to analyse and provide certification for proposed modifications to existing structural steelwork in a coal washery. Read more…