The Advitech Group has a range of experts to provide technical excellence in structural and civil engineering design analysis and certification.
We offer civil and structural engineering design and documentation from concept to construction and fabrication. This can include finite element analysis simulations for structural-condition assessments, while highly skilled drafters can tailor concepts for evaluation and detail practical and efficient solutions upon approval of the concept.
Our analysis includes certification and third-party verification of new and existing structures and equipment. Condition inspections and audits use a risk-based non-destructive testing (NDT) approach. We can also analyse and remediate aged assets incorporating data obtained from condition assessment. Vibration analysis and acoustic tests can also be undertaken in conjunction with remote monitoring.
Our civil engineering and structural engineering services also include forensic engineering (forensic audits, failure analysis, accident investigations) and design in roadways, pavements, bulk earthworks and pressure vessels.
Our approach to structural asset inspections offers greater value compared to traditional methodology. Our engineers have the practical experience and training to be embedded within an NDT team. Together with our partners, Anyfab Inspections, we can provide a team that consists of both structural engineers and NDT technicians, all qualified to work at heights, within confined spaces and via EWP access. We can also assist with scoping repairs and help with an overall asset management strategy.
Advitech’s advanced drone system provides 3D photogrammetry services to enhance our asset inspection capabilities. Multiple cameras take thousands of images which are combined to produce 3D images of your assets. By recording, measuring and interpreting photographic images and patterns we can assess the condition of your structural assets and track this over time to detect changes.
- The strength of the zoom lens enables a minute crack in a structure to be identified from significant distances.
- Inspect hard to reach places with ease.
- Develop a detailed map of your site.
- Easily inspect structures like bridges from all angles, including underneath.
Analysis and Certification
- Structural analysis and certification of a powered drift winder
- FEA of flight deck hatch covers on naval LPA ships
- SpaceGASS structural analysis of docking platforms for maintenance of P3 Orion aircraft
- FEA and frame analysis of coal stacker to assess integrity for an extended life
- Structural inspection, analysis and certification of a 200m tripper gantry
- Finite element analysis of transport and lifting frames
Design and Drafting
- Structural design of buildings, foundations, associated tanks and accesses for an explosives manufacturing plant
- Structural design, engineering and detail drafting for a 60m tall, 6m diameter self-supporting stainless steel prilling tower with lift, spiral staircase, platforms, ducting and penthouse
- Structural design and detail drafting of modifications to an existing coal preparation plant building to suit the addition of two enlarged raw coal screens
- Structural design and drafting of new tanks, pipe supports and modifications and strengthening of an existing pipe bridge
- Principal civil and structural designers for construction of new anode bake furnace and associated building modifications
Structural Condition Assessment
- Structural audits of steel mills and port facilities, including recording the structural condition of each asset (using photographs and written descriptions), rating structural condition using a risk based approach and recommending corrective actions
- Building inspections and evaluations
- Reheat furnace refractory audit
- Vacuum ship unloader gantry structural audits
- Private rail and road bridge assessments
Want to know more?
Contact Advitech today about your Structural Engineering Needs
Advitech’s structural engineers applied their highly specialised skills in structural dynamics and vibration modelling to analyse and provide certification for proposed modifications to existing structural steelwork in a coal washery. Read more…