The Advitech Group offers a coordinated, multi-disciplinary approach to design and project management.
Using a STEM&M-based approach and taking input from our range of technically skilled experts allows us to provide quality project definition studies. We then convey our feasibility investigations, technical specifications, risk analysis, project justification, and capital expenditure proposals to customers in clear and concise language.
We deliver the best results for every client – large or small, and The Advitech Group has successfully undertaken projects of varying scope and scale across multiple industry sectors and geographic locations. This is possible because the project team brings practical engineering skills and management experience from across a broad range of sectors, including mining, heavy industry, manufacturing, defence and state and local government. Our team understands that clients have varying requirements, and we have the capability and flexibility to provide technical and functional support for any part of a project, and perform the full project management function.
We are familiar with a range of project management software and techniques to suit clients’ individual requirements. Strategic engineering support includes technical analysis, project definition studies, engineering assessments and feasibility investigations. Strong engineering and technical skills underpin our project management services and we are committed to open, clear communication and cost effectiveness when providing project justification details and capital expenditure proposals. Technical specifications and risk assessment and analysis are prepared to the highest standards for all clients.
Our project management services include the initial scope, specification definition and preparation. We then execute the planning, taking care of all procurement, contract management and tender documentation. STEM&M skills and planning oversee construction co-ordination and the commissioning process and finally we offer an equipment overhaul. It’s the complete project package.
- preparation of detailed project schedules and delivery milestones for $150m long-wall mining operation
- preparation of concept designs and capital expenditure estimates for surface infrastructure upgrades to improve production at a 1.2 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) coalmine
- project planning for a $1.5m annual shutdown of an 8mtpa coal handling and preparation plant
- determination of requirements and capital cost estimating for dedicated spares storage facility.
- project, technical and commercial management of a $6m equipment installation of new, high-volume manufacturing equipment in western Sydney
- project management of the design, procurement and construction for a $25m foundry upgrade, including internal management of the engineering design
- planning and execution of a $3m shutdown and maintenance project at a steel mill
- project management for the design of a $3.5m non-recovery coke oven project.
- project management for supply, fabrication and installation of transportable accommodation modular for Royal Australian Navy guided frigate (FFG).
- project management for the design and construction of a $40m aged-care facility, including preparation of engineering design briefs, construction tender documentation, tender facilitation and assessment.
A Lake Macquarie colliery approached The Advitech Group about solving its problem of insufficient coal production on night shift due to limitations with its surface facilities. We conducted a broad system review that involved:
- determining system bottlenecks and general problem areas
- reviewing compliance with Australian Standards
- examining the suitability of existing equipment for upgrades
- identifying possible locations for a new plant
- assessing the benefits and drawbacks of the upgrades
- preparing the capital expenditure estimates
- presenting the outcomes to the client and recommending a suitable option.
It was essential the outcome of the works minimise capital expenditure while still meeting various stakeholder requirements. Following the initial development, The Advitech Group engineering design and drafting team managed the design of civil and structural works.
Our project management services are complemented by The Advitech Group’s capabilities in structural, civil, environmental and process engineering; design and drafting; heritage (archaeology) services; environmental planning; compliance management; environmental monitoring and assessment (noise, air, water); sustainability services, energy efficiency; resource optimisation and carbon management.