The Advitech Group provides operational, process, project, business and financial risk assessment as well as risk management planning, implementation, training and compliance audits.
We are highly experienced in the assessment of industrial and mining processes and the application of hazard and operability studies (HAZOP), control systems hazard and operability studies (CHAZOP), process hazard analysis (PHA) and failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA).
We identify potential hazard interactions between operating process systems and evaluate scenario outcomes that will help define higher levels of safety, environmental protection and improved mitigation or response strategies. The Advitech Group facilitates the systematic assessment of any system or process.
- Design and operational risk assessment
- Preliminary hazard analysis
- HAZOP/CHAZOP – hazard and operability studies
- FMEA – failure modes and effects analysis
- Functional safety
- Machine safety and guarding audits
- Hazardous area classification
- Process hazard analysis (PHA)
- Environmental, health and safety risk
- Dangerous goods and hazardous chemicals
- Fire safety studies
- Site emergency response plans
- Site risk assessments
- Accident investigations
- Risk management planning, implementation and training
We work within the framework of international standards for Risk Management (AS/NZS ISO 3100:2009 and AS 61508:2011), Process Risk (IEC 60079 series) and other relevant standards (AS/NZS 4761:2008, AS 1940), plus WHS regulations. The Advitech Group refers to case studies, international publications, and industry-wide data, and consults with regulators and other authorities for confirmation of safety information and risk data.
- Facilitation of risk assessment for engineering, construction and commissioning stages of a foundry expansion project.
- Design and operational risk assessment for mine winder upgrades and hoist designs.
- Site-wide machine safety audit and risk assessments for an aluminium smelter.
- Accident investigations into a coal char plant explosion and compressed natural gas explosion with submission of findings to government authorities.
- HAZOP studies for explosive gel mixing plant, specialised delivery vehicles, gas drainage and power generation plants.
- CO2 fire suppression system for coal handling facility.
- Transformer fire wall for ammonium plant.
- Ongoing annual fire safety studies for food processing plant.
- Emergency response management competency review and training plan for food manufacturer.
- Compressed natural gas refuelling preliminary hazard analysis and emergency response plan.
- Emergency plans as part of EIS.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng)
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ)
- FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) Certificates – Machinery, HW/SW & Safety Instrumented Systems
- Hazardous Area Classification consultants
- Australasian Institute of Dangerous Goods Consultants (AIDGC)