SMS has applied simulation modelling to countless logistic and supply chain projects – simulating the movement of all manner of ‘things’ from A to B to C, by truck, train, ship or air.
Our varied projects have included processing plants, equipment maintenance, shipping fleet scheduling, port operations, coal transport networks, rail operations, postal services, Defence aircraft support performance, pathology sample processing and supply chain modelling.
- We developed a simulation model to study the storage and logistic requirements for development of a processing plant. This model helped to size storage requirements for raw materials, intermediate and finished products, and to assess the likely impact on storage requirements of the rail transfer of these materials.
- SMS created a model template for a mail sorting centre which encompassed various sorting mechanisms, inward bulk mail receipt and despatch of sorted product. The template was then available as a basis for the client to readily build their own models of each of their mail exchange sites.
- In order to evaluate a radical change to the philosophy of scheduling its shipping fleet, an interactive model was developed to assist a shipping fleet operator with the development of alternative schedules and aid quantification and evaluation of the difference between various alternatives.
- Coal Stockpiling and Logistics Case Study
- Pit to Port Supply Chain Optimisation Case Study
- Over 30 years’ experience in simulation technologies
- Onsite intranet or secure remote cloud portal deployments
- Ongoing assistance in simulation learnings and outcomes