Simulate the movements of large numbers of people to enable rapid design exploration for sites such as transport hubs, airport terminals and more, and respond dynamically to evolving operational conditions within an accurate BIM compatible 3D model.
MassMotion has been used globally across a broad range of applications.
Fire Safety & Evacuation Planning
City & District Modelling
Stadia Planning & Maintenance
Rail & Transit Terminal Planning
MassMotion lets you model emergent crowd behaviour before designs are built, allowing you to test for comfort, efficiency and safety.
- Scalability. Capable of simulating hundreds of thousands of people within a matter of hours, enabling rapid design exploration.
- 2D and 3D Assets. Import CAD/BIM files and use their geometry directly, or import your 2D CAD files to develop into 3D models using powerful polygon modelling tools.
- Intelligence. Intelligent agents – virtual pedestrians – respond dynamically to evolving operational conditions and user-defined triggers.
- Software Development Kit (SDK).Get direct access to the MassMotion crowd engine for custom behaviours or connections to other software tools.
- Compatibility. Leverage your favourite tools including 3DS Max, Revit, AutoCAD, Rhinoceros, ArchiCAD, SketchIp, VectorWorks, MicroStation, FBX & DXF.
- Arup. Backed by Oasys, the software development arm of global professional services firm Arup.
View and compare below to determine the right MassMotion experience for your needs.
|Unlimited crowd sizes||✔||✔|
|Powerful 3D editing and simulation environments||✔||✔|
|Multi-threaded 64-bit crowd simulator||✔||✔|
|BIM compatibility (IFC 2×3)||✔||✔|
|Direct support for SKP, DGN, and 2D CAD files||✔||✔|
|Time controlled gates and complex crowd scheduling||✔||✔|
|Accurate evacuation and circulation behaviour||✔||✔|
|Flexible and powerful SQL driven analysis tools||✔||✔|
|Realtime view of 3D results||✔||✔|
|Image and movie export||✔||✔|
|Ticketing and process modelling||✔|
|Dynamic agent properties – Logical control of agent behaviour||✔|
|Dynamic agent dynamics – Agents react to their environment||✔|
|Spreadsheet based scheduling||✔|
|MassMotion SDK (Software Development Kit)||✔|