Advitech Environmental’s experienced engineers and scientists have provided expert emission estimation and environmental reporting services to companies across Australia for more than 20 years.
Our services assist facilities with the National Pollutant Inventory and the Emissions and Energy Reporting System (EERS) reporting requirements.
We continue to provide leading emission estimation services by keeping abreast of the latest technology, industry standards, current practice and emission estimations.
The NPI is an internet database designed to provide publicly available information on the emissions and transfers of certain substances being emitted to the air, land and water.
There are 93 priority NPI substances which are identified as having potential impacts on health and the environment if emitted to the air, land and water. The NPI provides the community, industry and government with free information about substance emissions in Australia, including estimates for the 93 priority substances and their source and location.
If a facility exceeds the reporting threshold of one of the 93 substances, it is required through Commonwealth legislation to report to the NPI on an annual basis.
Clients we have worked for:
Advitech Environmental has completed NPI reporting for the following facilities:
- Hydromet Unanderra facility, NSW
- Hydromet Laverton facility, VIC
- Orora NSW, QLD, VIC
- Austube Mills, NSW
- Hunter Galvanizing, NSW
- InfraBuild Steel and InfraBuild Wire, NSW, VIC
- Volvo Group, QLD
- 100% Bottling Company, NSW
- AP Foods Processing Facility, NSW
- Liberty OneSteel iron ore, quartz and dolomite mining complex and Liberty Primary Steel, SA
- Aurelia Metals, NSW
- Moly-Cop Australasia, NSW
We have reported for mining operations and port handling facilities (coal, gold, silver, lead and zinc) across SA, WA, NSW and Qld including:
- Fitzroy Australia Resources
- Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group
- Port Waratah Coal Services
- Whitehaven; and
The Emissions and Energy Reporting System (EERS) is the system for all reporting under the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act 2007 (NGER Act). The NGERS Act is a single national framework for reporting and disseminating company information about greenhouse gas emissions, energy production and energy consumption.
EERS allows all NGER reporters to submit emissions and energy reports under the NGER Act.
Clients we have worked for:
Advitech Environmental has considerable experience in emissions reporting for the Emissions and Energy Reporting System (EERS) including safeguard mechanism emissions baseline variation and analysis for Boggabri Coal Operations, NSW.
Advitech has completed EERS reporting for the following facilities:
- Perliya NSW, WA and SA
- Aurelia Metals Hera and Peak Gold mines, NSW
- Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group (mining operations and port handling facilities), and
- Peak Gold Mines, NSW
Advitech has invested considerable time in the development and fine tuning of a robust user-friendly interface for NPI reporting. Each site-specific NPI estimation tool allows users to input complex site detail for transfers and emissions whilst providing users with automated identification of anomalies.
These systematic checks analyse changes and limits of usage and emissions of all 93 NPI substances. In addition, Advitech Environmental can establish useful comparisons such as Year on Year (YoY) evaluations, business group data summaries and emission profiling.
The templates are easily adapted to each company’s sustainability reporting to meet internal key performance indicators and have the ability to be updated bi-annually, quarterly or monthly. Once established, our model for reporting can be quickly updated each year, reducing cost by up to 75 per cent in subsequent years.
- Iron and steel manufacture: iron ore mining, beneficiation, steel manufacturing, fabrication and other processing
- Mining: coal, gold, and iron, open cut and underground
- Chemical refining and manufacture
- Food and beverage industry, food packaging
- Oil and gas refineries
Advitech Environmental developed the original NPI Emission Estimation Technique (EET) manual for iron and steel production.
- Analysis of site data, process flow diagrams, maps and satellite imagery
- Site inspection to identify processes, sources of emissions and transfers
- Review of historical NPI data and creation of site specific emission factors
- Analysis of site processes and emission calculation using the emission estimation technique (EET) manuals, noting any changes in the prescribed methodology from previous versions to aid in YoY comparisons
- Preparation of a facility-specific calculation spreadsheet, designed with transparency so that audit interrogation is fast and easy
- Provision of a user-friendly data input sheet to complete and return to Advitech – or onsite data collection by us
- Intensive Quality Assurance by experienced senior staff with a long history in NPI reporting
- YoY comparisons of NPI reporting – plus optional comparisons for sustainability reporting e.g. unit production benchmarking, comparison within business groups
- Preparation of the online report
- Response to any questions from the State NPI Agency on the client’s behalf
- Annual estimation updates of any minor process changes
Want to know more?
Contact Advitech today about your National Pollutant Inventory Reporting Needs