Road safety remains a major risk area for mining operations, with speeding the leading cause of vehicle accidents, collisions and rollovers. Intercepta helps sites to improve site road safety.
Compliance to road rules, speed zones and other signage is imperative on both site roads and public roads. Intercepta® Smart Radar Camera monitors, displays and records vehicle speed, alerting both driver and management to excessive speeding in real time.
With intelligent data capture and customised reporting, Intercepta allows companies to improve road safety across their sites.
Speed monitoring is a critical component of every mine’s risk-management strategy. Implementing safety-protection devices for drivers is effective in reducing human injury and reportable vehicle incidents.
Intercepta Smart Radar Camera monitors, displays and records vehicle speed, alerting both driver and management to excessive speeding in real time. Designed for mobility, Intercepta speed camera trailer can be moved around site to monitor vehicle speed. Intercepta is a cost-effective countermeasure to reduce the risk of speed-related accidents and associated downtime and inefficiency.
- Speed compliance
- Driver and traffic-monitoring data
- Identification of high-risk sections of road
- Intersection monitoring for stop compliance
- Mobile design for easy transfer and rapid positioning
- Mine-site compliant trailer with GPS tracking
- Durable to withstand harsh and remote conditions
- Quick and easy deployment with adjustable speed zones
- Solar-powered for 24/7 monitoring
- Customised set-up, alerts and advanced reporting
- Intelligent software platform on secure wireless network
- On-demand live viewing from remote locations
- Secure access to high-quality images and video feedback
- Visible speed display with SLOW DOWN alert
- Advanced number plate recognition
- Motion activation with infrared camera for night surveillance
- Integration with existing networks and operator processes
- Alerts drivers to travel speed in real time
- Allows drivers to correct over-speed
- Reduces speed-related incidents and fatalities
- Demonstrates compliance with road signage
- Reprimands breach of road rules in real time
- Reinforces driver safety and mine’s commitment to safety
Want to know more?
Contact Novecom today about your Intercepta Smart Radar Camera Needs
Intercepta was deployed at an expansive mine site in regional QLD to monitor road rule compliance of employees, contractors and visitors to site. Intercepta helped to modify driver behaviour and reduce vehicle speed across the site. The operator saw a decrease in the number of speed related incidents, and used data collected from the system to target driver education. Read more…